- I took, perhaps TWO photos this weekend. I am lazy, I guess
- We took a walk on Saturday to the post office. D rode his 3 wheel bike.
- We ran some errands on Saturday that included stopping at three places: Home Depot, Luckys and work.
- D fell asleep in the car and I didn't want to move him out of it. So we sat in our driveway, in the car for about one hour. The things you do when you're a mama.
- On Sunday, we woke to a crazy rainstorm. We lost power for over two hours. The storm included thunder & lightening and hail! We mostly just hung around the house.
- D and Alex went out for a walk in between rainstorms, leaving me alone in the kitchen, and I was super happy about it. I made 2 things for dinner: mushroom, beef, barley soup and fresh bread. I also had a glass of wine and had Love Actually on in the kitchen to keep me company. It's the little things, folks. I also made fudge, but don't tell anyone. I may eat it all myself!
- We watched several things on TV, including some Thomas the Train Christmas episodes, the movie Cars (of course), the movie Toy Story 2, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I tried to watch some sophisticated murder mystery British program but I couldn't handle it. So I just watched things that made me and my kid happy.
- On Friday, I got a phone call confirming D's doctor appointment for Monday morning, 9:40am. We got there early, checked in, gave them our insurance and filled out some forms. We sat there for over 15 minutes when the receptionist finally said, "Oh, that doctor's not here today, you're gonna have to reschedule." I'm sorry, what?
- Last night (Monday night), D woke up at 2AM - I am pretty sure he was having a nightmare as he woke up sobbing. I brought him into bed with us and I tossed and turned for another hour. At 3AM, I got up, did the dished, cleaned the kitchen and dining area and did a crossword puzzle. I went back to bed at 5AM. WHY?????
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Friday, December 11, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015
- It rained this morning. How lovely is the sound of rain?
- D brushed his teeth this morning and spit into his fake kitchen sink.
- Last night, D sang from Q-Z in the ABCs! He sang along with his little choo-choo train that sings the alphabet song.
- My Christmas tree is up, but I am losing the "organized" battle. Oh well, one thing at a time.
- I finally ordered my Christmas cards.
- My friend Elisa is having a boy!
- I got to hang out with a 6-week old the other day. He was super sweet and only cried a couple times.
- Hot coffee
- Christmas lights