Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend was both lovely and HOT! And then cold....
  • On Friday, I headed to the doctor for another appointment. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat (super fast!)- everything seems normal and on track. I've got a pooch of a belly, and I do not like ANYTHING on it. Like waistbands. Even underwear can get uncomfortable. I'm thankful for the few pieces of maternity wear I bought, and the enormous bag of maternity gear I borrowed from Randi. It's awesome to have mommy friends :) I've even taken over my husband's elastic waistband shorts (strictly for home wear). Lordy, I know I look good!
  • On Saturday, I went and got my haircut at a salon I had a Groupon for. The woman who cut my hair was Assyrian from Iran. I loved chatting with her and I was immediately at ease. I am always super nervous about getting my hair cut at a new place, mostly because I have really thick hair and I've had some terrible haircuts in the past from people who had no idea what they were doing with thick hair. However, I think it turned out pretty nice. She cut about 2 inches off, and evened everything out and gave me a nice blow out. I had a good time being pampered!
  • Saturday afternoon, we headed to Josh & Andrea's for a crawfish boil. It was a great time! I had never had crawfish, and I had never met most of their friends, so it was a really fun time to put faces with names, etc. We ended up literally closing the place down. I was kinda worried I would be bored since a lot of people were a little drunk, but it was actually a great time. I found that I need some kind of drink in my hand to make me feel normal at parties. In this case, I carried around my water bottle, which is totally acceptable here in crunchy granola Northern CA :)
  • On Sunday, we headed to the Farmer's Market and walked around the Mountain View Art Fest (or "Fart Fest" as my husband likes to call it!). It was a nice walk about town and then we headed home. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and puttering around the house. The wind became ridiculously fierce (but thankfully cooler), which left me feeling pretty tired and stuffy. I just took it easy for most of the day and started to read the book The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, recommended by Randi. It is often laugh out loud hilarious, so that is great.
  • This morning marks the beginning of one of my favorite times of year. All the bike races! Alex was up at 5am to watch the Giro d'Italia, one of my favorite races to watch. We cheered on our favorites during our morning routine (while also enjoying the amazing scenery that is in Italy!) and it was a great way to start the day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good so you have that book already! Cuz I sort of forgot to buy it for you. LOL
    Sounds like a super fun weekend. Rub that bump for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete