Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Monday, November 17, 2014
Walking around the front yard
Helping daddy get wood for the fire
This is what happens when you give a one year old PB&J toast and eggs for breakfast - he required a bath!
Sleepy boys - I woke up early Saturday morning!
Dressed like Uncle Lary - sweats, tee, and sneakers
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
- This past weekend, I made 10 freezer crock pot meals. We spent about $150 at the grocery store and we made dinner for hopefully the next couple weeks. I feel accomplished.
- D has slept through the night for the past 3 days. Have I slept through the night? Not really. Last night was better than the others, but I'm so used to waking up with him, I do it naturally. Then, of course, I have to go check on him to make sure he's OK. Because I'm a mom.
- They are talking about moving D up to the toddler's room at school. This would be his 3rd class he's been in. It's a bit bittersweet. While I'm excited to watch him grow up, I'm so sad to leave the classrooms that he started with, and the teachers who I have formed relationships with. My little guy. Growing up...
- A neighbor of mine has a game cam set up in the creek near our house. He's logged a bunch of animals cruising about our neighborhood, including a couple mountain lions (so cool). Want to check it out? Here's the link.
- This week, we have two grad students going through their qualifying exams. This means I have spent a large number of hours in practice talks. Ugh. But the good news is that we get to have some parties. Hooray!
Monday, November 10, 2014
Outside with cat and stick
Eating tamales and grapes for lunch
Freezer meals (more on this later)!
Reading in the bath
Playing with the airplane
Looking out the door at school
Friday, October 31, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Getting stuck in the dishwasher basket and not knowing how to avoid the spiky things to get out
Beach time with Aunt Betsy and Daddy
Rainbow over Pigeon Point
Pigeon Point lighthouse
Hike in the redwoods
Sitting on the trail, picking up rocks
Riding on Daddy's shoulders
Fire in the fireplace, Halloween lights, walking baby
This morning it was 39F
Last night, Alex was coming back inside. He could see a little boy, a fire, lights inside the house. He thought, "This is perfect". And it's true. We live a wonderful life. I'm trying to appreciate it more!