Monday, March 12, 2018

Yep, totally behind...

I was lucky to find Wonder Woman at the library so we could check it out. We watched it last week, and you know what? I LOVED IT. I know, I know, lots of people loved it. ButI thought I would tell you why I loved it:

1) The lead is female and she was awesome. I swear I would follow Gal Gadot to the ends of the earth. Also, the cast has many women, amazing women. I loved them all.
2) The director is female and she knows how to make a good movie for everyone.
3) I never really liked Chris Pine, but he was super good in this movie. Also, very cute.
4) The movie has lots of funny parts, which makes the whole "going after the god of war" thing much more enjoyable.
5) The protagonist does not hesitate to try to help, in any way possible. I feel like lots of male superheroes brood, or retreat to their cave or whatever they do. Wonder Woman just f-ing dives in feet first. Also, the fight scenes were UNREAL. I have never seen such amazing sword fighting atop horses - I mean, what?
6) There was romance and it was really well done. None of this superhero bullshit where it has to be all fighting all the time. There was actually a plot.
7) Wonder Woman was my favorite when I was a kid. She made me feel like I could be anything I wanted to be. In fact, I used to spin around in a circle (that's how she changed into Wonder Woman) to change into my alter egos. I don't know what this movie did, but somehow I saw myself in this iteration of Wonder Woman. Somehow she is every woman. And she kicks ass. Also, she doubts herself, doesn't always know the right way, etc. She is amazing.
8) I will watch this film over and over again. But I'm really looking forward to seeing the second installment.
9) Why can't all superhero films have some of these aspects?

1 comment: