Friday, March 23, 2018

The bully in the school

There is a bully at D's school. He's in the class above D, but those two classes combine a lot, so D has to see this kid being mean to the other kids. One kid is bullied so bad that he's literally sick.

Yesterday, this bully threw a block off the play structure and split a kid's head open (not my kid's). The kid had to go to the doctor and get his head glued back together. There was blood everywhere, and my kit thought his friend was going to die. (his words, not mine) The teachers swear the block wasn't thrown on purpose. D was super upset and couldn't sleep last night, understandably.

My kid goes to a high demand, private daycare center on Stanford campus. We pay a shit-ton of money for my kid to go to this school and get a good education and be safe. My question is why the school tolerates this kind of behavior and/or tries to protect the bully? What good could come of that?Why is there not a "zero tolerance" policy for bullying? Why isn't this kid kicked out immediately?

Honestly, the rest of the kids in D's class are good kids. The worst infractions are a lack of listening ears and not napping. Seriously, that's it. The most my kid has been in trouble was during potty-training, he peed outside in the school yard.

Yeah, of course I've emailed admin. They keep setting up appointments with me and then cancelling them at the last minute. Very helpful.


1 comment:

  1. That is terrible! I'd be blowing them up nonstop til they saw me. It sucks dealing with the first bullies. Hope it resolves quickly!

    ReplyDelete