Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

  • We left Friday afternoon for the weekend at my folk's house. I feel so lucky that I can go home just so easily to celebrate my Dad's birthday!
  • The weekend was absolutely beautiful - the weather was so lovely, I even wore a dress!
  • I got spoiled on Saturday, Randi and I went for mani/pedis and sushi. It was the perfect afternoon.
  • Saturday night, we ended up at Dominick's for gigantic Italian dinner. Wow, could I eat any more?
  • We ended the evening back at Brad and Randi's, playing some Rock Band, and a little bit of Glee Karaoke. Alex got really mad at the "show-tuney" versions of the songs. I found it kinda hilarious!
  • I got to bond with my new buddy, Casey D. It's so fun to see how much he grows each time I see him. He's talking in almost sentences now, and I can mostly understand him. We played a pretty serious game of "Zie Hide!" in his Mom and Dad's bed. It was mostly the funniest thing ever.
  • Sunday was a big party for my Dad. I got to see my Uncle and Aunt, Brad and Randi and the kiddo, and a bunch of my Dad's close friends. The BBQ was tasty, the food was amazing, and the company was fantastic. It was so wonderful to get to see everyone and just hang out. It's also awesome that it hasn't been ages since I've seen all these people!
  • Monday, we opened presents (Stanford T-shirt and mug, and a Piper hat for Dad), ate a gigantic breakfast, thanks to my husband and got on the road. I was beat when we got home, so I ended up on the couch, just watching TV and hanging out, which was lovely. 
  • One of my favorite things to do when I am home is walk the dog. My parents live in such a nice neighborhood, it's always a pleasure to walk around it. And Valentine is just the happiest dog ever. She loves to walk, and is so good on a leash. It's also a great time to get to hang out with Mom, and it's always interesting to wake up (literally) walking in the crisp morning air. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We had such a fun time! Brad is still reeling over how your dad almost set all that meat on fire. LOL

    ReplyDelete