- craziest storm I've seen here in NorCal. High winds and lots of rain. The main road to our house was closed due to a tree fall and electric wires down. Had a rough time getting home, trees down all over the place; took the long, dark way home. Felt lucky when we got there.
- electricity stayed on, which was very nice
- I couldn't watch Obama's speech, but I will try to watch it today.
- we ate soup for dinner. Our fridge is pretty bare
- finished a book - I've read four books so far this month (one of my goals for this month)- two short Rosamunde Pilcher books, a book on saving money on groceries (another super short book) and Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover (my second time reading that book)
- Alex submitted his paper
- trees still down and many roadways closed so we took a circuitous way to work today. One of the places where a tree fell last night had a significant erosion too. I'm thinking they are going to have to close our main road into work sometime soon to shore up that mountain.
- it was pouring rain, but now it is sunny. I saw a rainbow.
- we need to go to the grocery store after work today. I am hoping we leave early and there are no more storms
- I hope I can get my R script to run
- is Thursday
- we have lab meeting
- I hope I have some figures for my paper