Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thankful

I realize I'm behind, but I thought I'd use today to catch up! These are in no way ranked in a particular order, just things I am so, so grateful for every day.
  1. For the rain. We always need it.
  2. For my family, as crazy as they are.
  3. For my husband, who always manages to crack me up!
  4. For the kitten, Ducky, who is insane, but entertaining!
  5. For Moo, who's always miffed at something, the princess that she is :)
  6. For my job - I really, really love it, and I thought I might not like science any more.
  7. For my co-workers, who are truly, genuinely nice. And they put up with my weird questions and odd personality.
  8. For a home that's near a park and oh so lovely. We really lucked out in our desperation to find a place to live!
  9. For a car (actually, two!) that can transport us wherever we want to go.
  10. For living in the West and not the East anymore. Makes it so much easier to plan holidays.
  11. For having lived in Philly.
  12. For getting an education at Penn. I think it was the best thing for me I could ever imagine.
  13. For blogging. Although I don't do it as often as I would like, I really enjoy it. And I enjoy keeping up with friends near and far.
  14. For science. I just love it. 
  15. For kids. A good friend of mine just had a baby, and my some of my best friends have little ones. They always give you the best perspective on life and I love that.
  16. For Chamomile tea. 
  17. For my body, as broken and as amazing as it can be. It's the only one I've got and I'm pretty demanding on it. And, for the most part, it usually lives up to those demands!
  18. For my in-laws. I think I really hit the jackpot there.
  19. For my niece, Kaitlyn, who is just about the coolest kid I know. She's super mellow, even when things are a little crazy. 
  20. For the Farmer's Market in Mountain View every Sunday, where we can buy delicious, fresh, organic produce.
  21. That my husband cooks so I can rest my hands after a long day at work.
  22. For the bike commute. As much as I complain about it, it's generally a good thing. 
  23. For time spent driving across the country, visiting friends and family, and just hanging out with my husband. 
  24. For the US of A, as screwed up as we are. I am so thankful I live here and not anywhere else. 
  25. For art, any kind. It really soothes the soul.
  26. For live music. I grew up listening to my Grandma S. play the piano. I didn't know how lucky I was. Alex picked up the guitar last night and it sounded so lovely.
  27.  For my friends and colleagues all across the country. I am so blessed to know so many amazing and motivating people. I am so grateful for all those in my life.
  28. For my current boss, who is just about the coolest person to work for. She believes in pushing the envelope, doing some crazy, but risky things, and then just watching the progress. She's literally given me wings to fly, and I'm so excited to see where this project takes me. 
  29. For trees. Did you know they block the rain? You can stand under a tree in the greatest of storms and not feel a drop. 
  30. For you, dear reader. Whether I've known you for years, or just met you, or don't know you at all, I'm grateful for some sort of readership. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all rolled into one! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment